With Halloween just around the corner, I started thinking about how everyone seems to favor the Treat half of the festivities over the Trick. Then I remembered…candy corn, chocolate bars, caramel apples, tootsie pops, starbursts –my sweet tooth and I get it.
While ding-dong ditching and practical jokes might not strike your fancy, I have a few expert tricks to help you stun and scare even the harshest of critics (including yourself). After trying out these spookily useful tricks for fashion, decorating, entertaining, parenting, positive thinking, acing that interview, and faking a clean house, I dare you not to reconsider the Trick portion of Halloween this year. Happy Halloween!
From Left to Right: Glamour, Elle Decor, Elle, Real Simple, Martha Stewart, Vneyworld.com, & Parenting.com
- Interior Designer Tricks of the Trade: Creating Character (Elle Decor)
- 14 Sneaky Style Tricks to Steal From Some of Our Favorite Fashion Bloggers (Glamour)
- 10 Tricks for Easy Entertaining (Martha Stewart)
- 13 Discipline Tricks from Teachers (Parenting.com)
- Tricks to Positive Thinking (Livestrong)
- How to Ace Your Job Interview: 88 Surefire Tips and Tricks (Oedb.org)
- How to Fake a Clean House (Real Simple)
- 25 Unexpected Uses for Beauty, Fashion, and Household Items (Elle)