Here’s some visual motivation to help you best organize your kids’ closets now that the holiday chaos has hopefully ceased!
Some of my favorite organizational tips from these photos:
- Hang a shoe rack over the door to store stuffed animals, Barbies, toys, or plain old shoes (Photos 1 & 3)
- Use a mini-coat rack to separately hang outfits/dresses chosen for the next few days (Photo 1)
- Wallpaper the back wall for a stylish finish (Photo 5)
- Set aside labeled storage bins, designated shelves, or drawers for frequently used items such as baby blankets, favorite storybooks, balls, stuffed animals, Lego’s, board games, etc. (All Photos)
- Color coordinate storage items when possible (Photos 3, 4, & 7)
- Separate clothing by article – pants, short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, skirts, sweaters, shoes, hats, etc. You can also sort by season, size, color, or school clothes vs. play clothes vs. formal/church clothes, but start by keeping the articles grouped as that will probably be enough to manage. (Photos 2, 4, 6, 8, & 9)
- Celebrate your children’s vibrant personalities by displaying their favorite interests/toys/colors. For example, you could show off their silly hat collection, favorite sports gear, or photos of them at their best. (Photos 1, 7, 8, & 9)
For even more tips, click on the provided links above!