During my first Dream Kitchens post, I discovered that I prefer the crisp and clean look of a traditional kitchen with white cabinets, ample lighting, a large island, checkered floors, and a splash of color. While my tastes have not wavered since then, I have broadened my reach just a bit, uncovering several other “dream details” that make the list.
From Left to Right: nameisgrace.blogspot.com, Elle Decor, theglitterguide.tumblr.com, decorpad.com, sweethomestyle.tumblr.com, brunchatsaks.blogspot.com, lilacandgrey.com, elementsofstyleblog.com, House Beautiful, Houzz, Pinterest via google (Ashley Begert), & House of Turquoise
- French Bistro Chairs/Stools (Photos 3, 9, 11)
- Pendant Lighting (Particularly those in photos 4, 6, & 8)
- Blue and White Details (Photos 1, 9, 11) I adore the blue and white stools in Photo 1; they remind me of an updated version of my childhood kitchen.
- Large family photographs nearby (Photo 3)
- White bamboo chairs (Photo 2 & 4)
Great Ways to set your kitchen apart:
- Lighting in the kitchen cabinets (Photo 10)
- Built-in floor to ceiling plate rack (Photo 4)
- Shelves or storage in the island (Photos 2 & 10)
- More windows! (Photo 5)
- Checkered floor - always a personal favorite (Photo 7)
- Go bold with color like this beautiful turquoise kitchen (Photo 12)