During my trip to Austin, the conversation turned heated when my friends started venting about the excruciating dullness of office cubicles. Dreary, blah, and just plain unattractive, the cubicle is productivity’s worst nightmare. How is anyone expected to find inspiration in a monotonous, grey box?
Makeover your cubicle with these bright ideas from Merriment and watch your workspace transform into a celebration of style and substance! For more office decorating tips, take a look at Merriment’s previous Home Office post.
From Left to Right: bippityboppityboo.tumblr.com, Anthropologie, BHG.com, Anthropologie, Michellearmas.bigcartel.com, Caitlin Wilson Textiles, Paper Source (all 4), Z Gallerie, Anthropologie, Anthropologie, Matchbook Magazine, Hay Market Designs.com, Z Gallerie, Hay Market Designs.com, Paper Source, Serena & Lily, Kate Spade, & Z Gallerie
Ideas to Makeover Your Cubicle:
- Spruce up your desk with fresh flowers
- Brighten your bulletin board with colorful pinwheel push pins (Anthropologie)
- Use charming egg cups to organize office supplies
- Embrace your family and friends through stylishly framed photos (Anthropologie)
- Incorporate artwork with a vibrant desk calendar (Michelle Armas, 2012 Trellus Calendar)
- Ease back pain with a cute pillow for your office chair (Caitlin Wilson Textiles)
- “Wallpaper” or line your cubicle walls with beautifully-crafted wrapping papers (Paper Source)
- Lighten up with a pretty table lamp in lieu of the conventional desk lamp (Z Gallerie)
- Cheer up the drab carpet with a colorful rug (Anthropologie)
- Savor your coffee break with a charming mug (Anthropologie)
- Surround yourself with positive reminders like this ‘Work Hard and Be Nice’ print (Matchbook Magazine)
- Convert a chic tray into your To-Do/In-Out box or a desk storage compartment (Hay Market Designs)
- Perk up the dull walls or desk with a “refreshingly clean” Lotus Flower plaque (Z Gallerie)
My sister has two varieties hanging in her bathroom, and I absolutely love how they pop off of the wall.
- Turn up the fun on your wastebasket basketball games with a trendy trashcan (Hay Market Designs)
- Cover your thumbtacks with bold, patterned fabric or purchase them pre-covered (Paper Source)
- Rest your feet, books, or laptop on a cushy, design-savvy pouf (Serena & Lily)
- 'Lunch colorfully' with a multi-colored thermos (Kate Spade)
- Organize papers, periodicals, and more in a delightful tote, bin, or basket (Z Gallerie)