I apologize for my silence yesterday, but I was busy exploring Southern California’s beaches with a talented, up-and-coming photojournalist and sweet friend, Courtney Slade. It was such a wonderful surprise to spend the day with an old Texas friend and witness her creative gift. Inspired by her curiosity for travel, sports, and life, I thought you would also enjoy her work. Check out her adventures at Board Girl Travels!
Image via Board Girl Travels
Lately, I have developed an odd curiosity and fondness for country music. As a small child, I listened to country with my parents, but I quickly moved on to prefer nearly every other genre. I discounted anything remotely country or western as “not my taste.”
As the radio has become increasingly bombarded with auto-tune, derivative music, I have noticed that country has stepped up with a creative resurgence. With exceptionally talented musicians and well-written music, I truly believe that even the biggest naysayers could enjoy today's country if they gave it a chance. Last night's CMA Awards was an entertaining display of creative collaborations and impressive vocal chops. I'm still belting out the songs today...sing along with my country playlist!
10 Country Songs for Your Playlist (even if you don't listen to country)
- Colder Weather – Zac Brown Band
- Run – Sugarland Version feat. Matt Nathanson
- All Your Life – The Band Perry
- We Owned The Night – Lady Antebellum
- Ours – Taylor Swift
- Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not – Thompson Square
- Remind Me – Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood
- Take a Back Road – Rodney Atkins
- Tattoos on This Town – Jason Aldean
- Long Hot Summer – Keith Urban